Blakeborough Ltd is committed to ensuring that peoples’ privacy is protected. When we ask writers and other contacts to provide certain information by which they can be identified, then they can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
The information we collect
We may collect the following information for all those travelling on a press trip or redeeming a holiday prize:
- name and job title
- contact information including: email address, telephone number and address
- passport information for press trips abroad including: date of birth, passport number, issue number and date, expiry date and nationality
- other information relevant to press and prize winner trips such as whether the participant holds a driving license, dietary preferences etc
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to:
- arrange press trips and visits
- arrange prize winning experiences
- send news and information that we think may be of interest
- action any requests our contacts make and supply them with requested information
Personal information may also be shared with our clients and their members or travel partners, if required, to confirm travel arrangements or a prize trip.
We do not hold onto passport information longer than is necessary. For example once a press trip is complete, and the article published, passport information will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
Our contacts have the right to withdraw the consent for us to hold their personal information at any time, where relevant, simply email Sarah@blakeborouhgpr.com and entitle the email ‘withdrawing consent’.
Anyone who is unhappy with how we have handled their data has the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). https://ico.org.uk
We will not distribute personal information to anyone other than those that need it to organise a press trip or prize winning trip.
Anyone can request details of personal information that we hold about them under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. For a copy of the information held please write to Blakeborough Ltd, 12 Glen Drive, Stoke Bishop, Bristol BS9 1SB.
Anyone who believes that the information Blakeborough Ltd is holding on them is incorrect or incomplete, should write to or email as soon as possible, to the above address or email address. Blakeborough Ltd will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.